Live outside the city limits?
We have additional membership options including:
- Non-Resident (Subscription) Cards - Individuals and families who live outside Aurora city limits and do not pay taxes to another library may purchase a 1-year non-resident card for $263. Check your address here to see if you're in our non-resident service area.
- Children aged 17 or younger who live outside City of Aurora limits but attend school in Aurora may qualify for a FREE library card under the State of Illinois Cards for Kids Act.
- If you live in another town or city in Illinois and have a library card at your home library, you are welcome to register as a reciprocal borrower for FREE! Stop by any one of our locations in person with your local library card and a current photo ID to sign up. Reciprocal borrowers have additional limits and exclusions.
Other Available resources:
Light of Learning Scholarship Cards – The Aurora Public Library District Foundation offers a limited number of scholarships for qualifying households. The scholarship covers all but $25 of the cost of a non-resident card. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Ages 18 or older – If you live outside the City of Aurora limits, in an area not served by another library (view information here), and participate in one of the following programs:
Federal assistance such as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) or WIC (Women, Infants and Children)
- Free or reduced lunches at school
- Illinois Link Card
- Township General Assistance